May 30, 2009

Have a nice day… your P45 is in the post

...The thing about having power is never having to say sorry, never feeling you may have been to blame, or implicated in the destruction of another human being. I cannot imagine that their careers will be jeopardised or hindered, and they will not open a bank statement and become very anxious about diminishing reserves of money. I am angry, upset and devastated. I have also been very foolish to think that I could have won… been invited back, given an apology…

From: http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In solidarity

Say NO to bullying.

You know it makes sense.

Aphra Behn

Anonymous said...

Posting on the bullied blogger

I have been ashamed of colleagues and myself for not having the courage to be a Spartacus but I am far more ashamed of my institution for not having the sense to intervene more effectively for the sake of all parties.

..........................

Speak out against workplace bullying

You know it makes sense.

Aphra Behn

Anonymous said...

Advice from the bullied blogger...

...pick your fights carefully and on your own territory as far as possible • document everything! note time and place of every insult, keep every email, scan every letter • know your rights (written and unwritten) and discuss these with co-workers • refuse to be isolated • identify and explore possible escape routes

*******************

In solidarity and grateful thanks for those who support us...

Aphra Behn